Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Vegan Cheesy Enchiladas--Your way

This is so easy that you can make varied enchiladas nightly.
You need a jar of Nacho Mom's Vegan Queso and whatever fixin's you want...and enchilada sauce, whether canned or homemade.  For this pic, I stuffed my enchiladas with Nacho Mom's Vegan Queso ( I used our new Fire Roasted Vegan Queso on this one), chili beans, mushrooms and zucchini. My topping was green chiles (Because lord knows I have enough of those in Le Queso Factory) , enchilada sauce & vegan sour cream. You can also use things like refried beans, vegan crumbles, fake chikn...whatevahs.

To make your enchiladas, you'll need corn tortillas. I prefer white corn. The typical method is to soften them so that you can roll them by dipping them in hot oil. However, I like mine healthy so I just microwave a few at a time (so they don't cool off) until soft.  While warm, fill well with your ingredients...they'll shrink down while cooking so stuff em well...roll and place seam side down in square baking dish (I spray with oil first)  Repeat with as many as you can cram in the pan...

Then pour your enchilada sauce over. Pour liberally as they'll soak up some sauce.

I cook in a 350 degree oven til hot and bubbly...I cook it with foil loosely over the top to prevent drying; I don't time it since I just wing it every time with different fillings...

Good served with a side of beans, rice, even avocado if you wish, guac, vegan sour cream, green chiles...whatever tickles your tastebuds.

Good reheated too...So if you want to stuff em with all different things and enjoy all week, well, you have our blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment